While on-line games hold no real interest for me (I would much rather be reading a good book or spending time on other things) I did review some of the information on games which are available and there seems to be something out there to fit any kind of interest. I think the options are wonderful for those who love that kind of thing! I marvel at some of the games for children which have educational value, but I do believe that they definitely learn through creative play and exploration in which there are blocks of unstructured time, not spent in front of a computer. As long as children have a balance of both, I think computer games are useful.
I think of the good old days of childhood where we would spend hours outside climbing trees, playing in the sandbox, and playing neighborhood organized games with friends on long summer nights like kick the can and freeze tag and other fun games. We loved those interactions with friends and I sincerely hope that children in today's world still experience some of those same things. There is nothing which can replace real life activities.....
I think of the good old days of childhood where we would spend hours outside climbing trees, playing in the sandbox, and playing neighborhood organized games with friends on long summer nights like kick the can and freeze tag and other fun games. We loved those interactions with friends and I sincerely hope that children in today's world still experience some of those same things. There is nothing which can replace real life activities.....

No comments:
Post a Comment