Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wikis


I think this is a wonderful collaborative tool for sharing knowledge and ideas. It was interesting watching the Common Craft training video which gives great examples of how information can be shared so much more quickly than through email when a group of people are trying to coordinate efforts. Great example!

I explored the various library wikis which were informative. The best part of this exercise, though, was participating in the CHPLearning "sandbox" wiki. I wanted to try this so I would have a better understanding of how wikis really work and how contributions are made. I enjoyed adding a favorite book entry, favorite TV show, and made some contributions to Things to do in and around the Richmond area. I think this was an excellent idea to give people an opportunity to play and explore as they learn. I will probably venture a little further with wikis as I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment